- All products are added to your cart.
• Hikes chosen, described, and photographed by experienced members of the Colorado Mountain Club (CMC)
• A wide variety of hikes, from family- and wheelchair-friendly to difficult treks
• Includes detailed comments, route descriptions, driving directions, maps, elevation gain, difficulty rating, estimated time of the hike, round-trip distance, and nearest landmark
• Fits in your pocket or daypack and features color photos and maps throughout the book
The twelfth CMC Press regional pack guide for the State of Colorado, The Best Aspen Hikes not only includes hikes within a short drive of town but also trails near Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, and Leadville. Casual hikers will be awed by the reflection of the iconic Maroon Bells in Maroon Lake, one of the prettiest and most photographed spots in Colorado, while they stroll along the Maroon Lake Scenic Trail. Conversely, experienced hikers will revel in the challenge presented by the twin-summited Mount Sopris, which rises more than 6,000 feet above the Roaring Fork Valley to serve as a stunning backdrop to the town of Carbondale.
For outdoor enthusiasts who would rather stay in close proximity to Aspen, the Rio Grande Trail, a paved wheelchair-accessible path, allows for easy access to many of Aspen’s parks and provides a beautiful panorama of the surrounding mountains and Roaring Fork River. Another option, though much more strenuous, is Ute Trail, which climbs high above town and offers spectacular views of the town below.